December 11, 2017, 04:10:26 AM
News: Check Your Tire Pressures!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meet in the Middle Ride 5/21/17  (Read 3442 times)
Ted

95 900sssp, 06 ST3 RIP 4/11/09, 08 Hyper, 02 ST4s

« on: December 07, 2016, 06:46:36 PM »

Meet in the Middle Ride 2017

Our 9th annual  Meet in the Middle ride starts from several corners of New England to meet for an excellent BBQ lunch at  Curtis' BBQ  in Putney VT. This is an excellent place to hang out and chat with your fellow Ducati enthusiasts.  Riders of other makes are welcome too, it will give us a chance to show them the light  Grin . Afterwards you can head home or hook up with others to take advantage of some local knowledge of some great New England Roads.

This years ride is scheduled for Sunday May 21st, and the meeting time at Curtis's is Noon.  

Listed below are the rides from the different parts of New England. We are in early stages of planning this and still need some leaders. I will update this initial post of this thread with updated meeting times and routes for each ride as I get more information. If you'd like to lead one of the open rides, please pm me and we can work out the details. Also, contact the ride leader if you plan on going, this way they have an idea of who's going.
As with all of our rides it's a good idea to read our Ride Guidelines: http://nedoc.org/forums/index.php?topic=3590.0

Conn/Western Mass Route
Click for to link to map
Oz  --- I’ll  be leading this one, leaving Trumbull early, 6:00am or so.  

Depending on weather, number of riders and just general timing, I’m adding a little extra loop to this ride this year. I’m going to try to eliminate one later stop and generally make the other ones a little shorter so we spend a little more time riding. It will also eliminate part of the last bit on I91. But timing will be a factor, I don’t want to get us to Curtis’s too late so if we’re a little slower, we can just streamline the end at 91. Keep checking back on this thread for updates closer to the event.  

7:15am-7:30 am - McDonalds on Rt 44 between Route 8 hi-way and Route 8 2-lane.
8:00am-8:15am -  Gas station in Otis. This will be on Rte 23 just past the turn off from Rte 8 in Otis.  There's a newer gas station/mini-mart on the right with plenty of parking.  There's an older run down  place just before it, but that's not it!  This will be an opportunity to top off too, as the gas stations get fewer after this.

Those are the official meet points but I am leaving early from Trumbull, if you want to meet along the way, let me know.

Also, I’ll start a list for my ride in the thread. Please add to the list if you’re coming and where you’re meeting me. This will help us get through our stops quicker.

Oz

New Hampshire Route
Click for to link to map
Ted will be leading and we'll be leaving at 9:00am  from the Mainway Irving on  Rte 114/277 Mast Rd, Goffstown, NH 03045 .  If anyone wants to join up in Peterborough meeting spot there will the Shell Gas Station, 16 Wilton Road, Peterborough, NH 03458 approximately 9:45 AM  Arrive at Curtis'BBQ 12:30pm

The Vermont Route Click for to link to map

Gary/rideitfast will be leading Meet at Denny's at the south end of Rutland on Rt.7 and leave at 9:30. Rt 7 south to Rt 103 in East Wallingford get on Rt 155 that leads into Rt 100 and on to Londonderry there onto Rt 11 to Chester and then onto Rt 35 to Grafton then onto Rt 121 to Saxtons River and onto Westminster West Rd and into Putney. Comes out onto Rt 5 about a half mile north of  Curtis'. If anybody wants to join in along the route let rideitfast know and They'll make sure they stop for you.

The Boston/Metrowest Route

El Presidente
Founding member
Ted

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »

If you lead last year and want to again let me know.

Ted

El Presidente
Founding member
Patrick Burford

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

Quote: "Try Not.   Do.   Or Do Not.  There Is No Try"
Hi All,
I'm very excited to be feeding my newish Ducati Addiction and can't wait to be involved in club rides and events! Thowing this out now to the group, as my particular circumstances require considerble advanced planning.
I'm 5+ years out from a Tramatic Brain injury that amongst other things, has left my visual center compromised.  To this end, i presently have a safe ride /drive time of ~3.25 hrs ( when exceeded, i enter Migraines in my sleep etc..) or about what it will take to ride from my home (Mt. Washington Valley) to Putney, Vt.
Realistically, Meet in the Middle Ride 5/21/17, should be a 3 day event for me. Anyone interested in turning the event into a long weekend adventure?  I have a small RV / mototote set-up and a family camp on the back side of Mt. Sunapee.  
Thoughts, ideas, interest???

-Patrick B.

[/quote]
Hi All,
I'm very excited to be feeding my newish Ducati Addiction and can't wait to be involved in club rides and events! Thowing this out now to the group, as my particular circumstances require considerble advanced planning.
I'm 5+ years out from a Tramatic Brain injury that amongst other things, has left my visual center compromised.  To this end, i presently have a safe ride /drive time of ~3.25 hrs ( when exceeded, i enter Migraines in my sleep etc..) or about what it will take to ride from my home (Mt. Washington Valley) to Putney, Vt.
Realistically, Meet in the Middle Ride 5/21/17, should be a 3 day event for me. Anyone interested in turning the event into a long weekend adventure?  I have a small RV / mototote set-up and a family camp on the back side of Mt. Sunapee.  

-Patrick B.

ozmanyyy
Club Officer

Oz

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »

Quote: "Try Not.   Do.   Or Do Not.  There Is No Try"
Hi All,

-Patrick B.

Hi Patrick, not sure if you'll end up getting some guys to make a weekend of it. If not though, don't hesitate to show up in a car if you could get someone to at least split the driving time with you, so you don't exceed your limits.

You could still come and meet some folks, have some great BBQ and see a lot of Ducs.

Oz

02 900 SS Senna
ninjers

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:09:40 PM »

I'm FNG but looking forward to this ride. Will be leaving from Boston proper with probably my brother in law in tow on his Aprilia and maybe another buddy if they have the day off.

2012 796 ABS
2008 Daytona 675 (MIA)
Ted

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »

It is getting to be that time for the guys that are going to lead ride think about their routes.

Ted

El Presidente
Founding member
ozmanyyy
Club Officer

Oz

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

Connecticut route/times posted in the OP. Please add to the list below if you're joining me and where you're joining me:

1. Oz - Trumbull

02 900 SS Senna
Slipinslidin

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:13:30 AM »

I only live about 15 minute aways from Putney but I'm up for a ride beforehand or after.
ninjers

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 07:53:59 PM »

I'm going to a concert in Hampton Beach, NH the night before this so I think I'll scoot across NH (maybe take 101 and then 9 over to VT?) I dont think I'll be able to meet the Goffstown crew because I don't want to be up at the asscrack but I can certainly be at Putney at noonish

2012 796 ABS
2008 Daytona 675 (MIA)
Ted

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »

I'm going to a concert in Hampton Beach, NH the night before this so I think I'll scoot across NH (maybe take 101 and then 9 over to VT?) I dont think I'll be able to meet the Goffstown crew because I don't want to be up at the asscrack but I can certainly be at Putney at noonish

That's the beauty of Meet in the Middle ride in group or ride by yourself just end up at Curtis' around noon. Smiley

Ted

El Presidente
Founding member
nortryder

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »

Anyone going from Northern Vt? I think I'll try to ride down from Burlington on my (gasp) KLR if it's nice out.
Ted

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

Usually Gary/Rideitfast leads, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Ted

El Presidente
Founding member
rideitfast

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »

Of course I'll do the Meet in the Middle Ted. My favorite event of the year.  Grin

2013 Ducati Multistrada
2005 HD XL1200R
1984 BMW R100cs
1980 Yamaha XS650
1979 Triumph 750 Bonneville
1972 Kawasaki H1-B 500
Keep the rpms up and the rubber down
guidilo velocemente
Ted

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »

Of course I'll do the Meet in the Middle Ted. My favorite event of the year.  Grin

Same route and meeting time place as last year?

Ted

El Presidente
Founding member
rideitfast

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »

That's is the plan. It's a good route so I'm not changing it. I might even go tomorrow.

2013 Ducati Multistrada
2005 HD XL1200R
1984 BMW R100cs
1980 Yamaha XS650
1979 Triumph 750 Bonneville
1972 Kawasaki H1-B 500
Keep the rpms up and the rubber down
guidilo velocemente
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: